Helpful Products and Toys for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
There are several resources available that can help you locate the best products to help your blind or visually impaired child.
In this section, we offer advice on the following:
- Valentine’s Day Card, Craft, and Gift Ideas for Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Toys and Gift Ideas for Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
Additionally, you can review these resources for more information on helpful products and technology for your visually impaired child.
- American Foundation for the Blind Product Search. This is a comprehensive listing of assistive technology products used by people who are blind or visually impaired. It is the place to go to search for a product or manufacturer, find out what products are out there, and decide which product is best for you, a family member, or one of your clients. You can browse by task, product category, or manufacturer.
- AccessWorld® is a free, online technology magazine published monthly by the American Foundation for the Blind. Each year it publishes a back-to-school issue in July and a gift guide in November. You can also download the free AccessWorld app.
- Sources of Audio, Braille, or Large Print Books can be found in the AFB Directory of Services. You can also find agencies that provide training in the use of low vision devices and computer or assistive technology training