Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Performs tasks related to the basic repair and reuse, storage, movement and shelving of containers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs basic tasks associated with basic repair and cleaning of containers such as removing shipping labels, scraping/ removing rust, painting, etc.
2. Load and unload material from or to designated work area
3. Unpacks material and/or places items in proper storage locations
4. Transports material to designated location
5. Performs other job duties as assigned
1. Must be able to pass criteria for military base access
2. Lift up to 75 lbs.
3. Use pallet jacks and hand trucks (preferred)
4. Must be able to work with tools (scraper, wrench, socket, etc.)
5. Ability to stand for long periods of time (8 – 10 hours/day)
6. Must be able to tolerate non-climate controlled hot and cold work environment
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.