Training, technical and administrative support of legally blind individuals in a light industrial environment including sewing operations. Must be able to train associates on single needle, bartack, sergers and automatic machines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
• Train legally blind individuals in sewing machine operations and assistive technology devices
• Train individuals recommended by management requiring remedial training
• Observe and assess trainees and implement necessary adjustments to training on sewing operations depending on the function of the machine (single needle, bartack, serger and automatic).
• Recommend ideas for machine and related equipment modifications and/or assistive technology devices
• Responsible for setting-up sewing equipment
• Provides administrative support including; but not limited to, Microsoft, Excel, Word and Outlook. Gerber operations a plus.
• Works in accordance with company quality and safety standards
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Six months of experience in a sewing environment required. Experience working with legally blind or disabled preferred. Experience with Microsoft Products and an ERP system.
Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of sewing job-related processes, equipment and assistive technology required.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology: Yes
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Name: Chelsee Bannon