Organization: National Industries for the Blind
Statement of Purpose: Both a strategic and operational role, the Manager, Marketing and Design provides direction and hands-on support in the development and implementation of marketing, advertising, branding and packaging strategy and tactics. He/She is actively engaged with the vice president, communications and director of communications in the planning and execution of the organization’s comprehensive marketing and communications strategy.
Employees in Other Divisions Continually
Supervisory Personnel Continually
Associated Agency Personnel Continually
U.S. AbilityOne Commission Occasionally
Responsibility for the Work of Others
The Manager, Marketing and Design will direct and manage the performance of a branding and packaging manager, communications design specialist, and a production specialist. The position will also play a significant role in the oversight of external marketing and creative agencies as needed.
BA/BS degree in marketing, advertising, business or relevant discipline from a regionally accredited university or college or other related field or equivalent experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
• Deep, demonstratable understanding of marketing, advertising, and brand strategy development, execution and management.
• Strong graphic design experience and capabilities; able to develop sophisticated marketing graphics and collateral and guide the work of others. Proficient in Adobe Creative suite.
• Candidate needs to be able to work collaboratively, have management experience, and be able to help mentor and train junior team members.
Seven (7) plus years of hands-on marketing, advertising and creative development experience preferred. Minimum of 3 to 5 years at a manager level directing the work of others or equivalent experience.
• Communication Skills
• Ethics /Integrity
• Customer Care
• Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
• Process Improvement
• Decision Making
• Judgment and Problem Solving
• People Management
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop, implement and oversee NIB’s marketing and advertising strategy to advance NIB’s mission and business development goals.
• Develop and manage all marketing processes, measurement, and information systems, to enable the overall marketing functions – including branding, advertising, product and services marketing and packaging design - - to operate efficiently and effectively
• Create and execute integrated marketing and advertising plans reflecting a deep understanding of traditional and digital marketing approaches
• Provide creative strategy and direction on NIB’s corporate marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as other priority campaigns.
• Coordinate with and/or lead efforts with associated agency marketing committees.
• Oversee the management of external marketing and design agencies and consultants.
• Oversee the branding and graphic design elements of a full range of marketing activities (advertising, collateral, packaging and design, publications, etc.) used to deliver brand and corporate messages, promotions, and a wide range of creative content, all working together in an integrated fashion.
• In conjunction with NIB’s branding and packaging manager, oversee the strategy and execution of NIB’s packaging program.
• Continue to develop and strengthen NIB’s unique and compelling voice to build brand awareness, relevance and reputation among target audiences.
• Lead the creation/production of inspiring campaigns that strengthen NIB’s brands (NIB corporate, SKILCRAFT) and drive awareness and engagement.
• Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting including the analytics required to measure and compare marketing programs
• Oversee execution of print and digital advertising; oversee coordination of advertising agencies, outlets, and consultants as needed.
• Develop strategies and manage marketing activities across multiple channels – e-commerce, retail, associated agencies, and wholesalers and distributors
• Manage external agencies and consultants as needed
Management and Leadership
• Provide effective management and supervision of all direct reports and oversee the maintenance and functioning of a strong and integrated team
• Develop and deliver executive-level report-outs on marketing initiatives to NIB leadership, the NIB Board, associated agency leadership, and associated agency marketing staff as needed.
• Collaborate closely with the operations and business development team and other NIB departments to ensure marketing content directly supports business and other organizational goals and strategies
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon receipt by his/her supervisor.
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.