Organization: National Industries for the Blind
This position will sell and service NYSPSP offerings and promote our mission to new New York State and local government customers, through the telephone, e-mail, and other methods of technology. This includes assisting in all sales and business development activities and providing back-up support for our customer care team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote our mission and educate customers on our program and the laws governing it
• Generate reports on sales activity and results
• Tele sales - calling prospective customers to sell and cross sell our offerings
• Send leads or potential appointments when necessary to the direct (outside) sales team
• Perform online market and customer research
• Customer/prospect contact list creation and management - generate leads, find proper contacts at customer locations
• Prepare and submit documents for solicitations/bids, quotes, and other customer correspondence
• Prepare and coordinate customer mailings
• Assist in expediting orders/solving issues for their customers
• Communicate and engage with NYSPSP staff and our affiliated agencies on daily operations and organization initiatives.
• Potentially help set-up and exhibit at regional tradeshows
• Assist in the maintenance of customer hosted catalogs
• Assist Business Development Director as needed
• Back up support for customer care team
o Provide pricing and other requested information to customers
o Download orders from the NYSPSP website
o Order entry, processing manual orders through the Oracle platform software and administers electronic orders when necessary.
o Answers customer telephone calls and emails to provide resolution for order status, order and product complaints, product return authorization, product information, current pricing to include RFQ, and answers questions
o Coordinate with affiliated agencies, on order status and tracking information of shipments.
o Promptly greets customers via telephone to assist customers with website registration, order processing, product information, pricing, shipping information, and general e-commerce program information.
o Assist with product descriptions and images for new website
Training and Specialized Knowledge
• Sales or customer service experience a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Word and Excel
• Experience with Oracle is highly desirable but not required
• Experience using a CRM tool a plus
Up to 10% travel
An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
• Communication Skills
• Ethics /Integrity
• Customer Care
• Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
• Process Improvement
3 to 5 years of sales and marketing experience selling and promoting a product or service
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon receipt by his/her supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.