Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Responsible for the timely, efficient movement of material ensuring the stated material is readily available by the end-user in order that the manufacturing process continues without interruption; performs a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment related to the timely, efficient movement, delivery, packing and transport of materials and finished goods.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Activities and duties will vary depending upon functional areas assigned; activities may include but are not limited to:
1. Ensures movement of material to assigned work stations per
instruction from Department Lead.
2. Ensures availability of Raw Material Pallets and Boxes needed at work station.
3. Delivers material to work stations/department in the most timely, efficient manner possible
4. Ensures that machine operators and product lines have necessary materials readily available at/for point of use with no equipment downtime (waiting for material)
5. Reviews min/max levels and kanbans daily; pulls Kanban cards or visual cues for material replenishment
6. Picks materials from storage and/or staging area and moves to the loading or production area
7. Moves materials to and from storage, staging and/or production areas and/or within departments.
8. Ensures proper box feed and operation of the Box Maker equipment, Operates machine and clears jams if it becomes jammed or needs minor adjustment.
9. Palletizes Finished Goods Cases off of a conveyor and on to pallets as per supervisor instruction (specific customer requirements), ensures accurate pallet quantity, and wrapping prior to transfer to the warehouse.
10.Maintains Daily Production Output of Finished Goods
11.Maintains a clean and orderly workplace
12.Performs other job duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Minimum six months working in warehouse, shipping or manufacturing preferred
• Basic math skills and ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
• Must be able to operate a variety of material handling equipment specific to department including pallet jack, fork lift, etc.
• Good communication skills and ability to work well with others
• Ability to move (push/pull) material weighing up to 150 lbs. with the aid of a roll-jack
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work on feet all day for the entire shift
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.