Organization: Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM) is an over 100-years-old company with a diversified product base, and multiple manufacturing locations. We are profitable, well managed with excellent quality, great customers that trust what we do and say.
We create opportunities and independence for blind and visually impaired people of all ages through innovative rehabilitation programs, diverse career options, quality blind-made products, and a variety of resources.
Each year BISM provides programs and services that serve over 2000 blind citizens. BISM employs 650 exceptional Associates at our eleven facilities in Maryland, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Kentucky and North Carolina where we manufacture the highest quality products.
This opportunity for the new Director of Sales and Marketing is to take us forward into new areas, exploring new and adjacent markets for our products and services. BISM believes that our strengths are underutilized, our capacity not realized, and with the right focus and drive, BISM can double our sales in five or less years.
All we are missing is the right person to lead this effort and guide us forward.
The successful candidate will be afforded the time to learn about us, leverage our strengths, build the plan and then execute with unrelenting passion.
To be successful:
• You will lead (coach, train, and mentor) an existing team to perform at a high level.
• Define and manage sales behaviors and the corresponding compensation plan.
• Create the sales organization to meet the emerging market.
• Devise strategies to catapult growth and sales, from existing capabilities.
• Work within to build the operational objectives that support growth and new markets.
• Transform the sales operation into a high performing operation that will take advantage of the golden opportunities that are right for us.
If you have experience in any of the following, please tell us about your experiences and successes:
• Janitorial products- toilet tissue, paper towels, napkins, sanitation product sales.
• Chemical cleaning products- floor care, products, hand soaps, hand sanitizers.
• State of Maryland Sales- we have a limited procurement preference.
• Federal and or AbilityOne sales.
• Large institutional sales of intuitional goods and services.
• Product identification and development.
We encourage and will provide preference to blind and low vision candidates.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt consideration. Visit our website at www.bism.org to learn more about Blind Industries and Services of Maryland. We positively change people’s attitudes about blindness!
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer a competitive salary based on education, experience, and other qualifications. BISM offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403(b) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.