Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
This position requires direction to a team of up to 9 employees for the operation of a variety of machines including but not limited to Unwinders, Re-Winders, Tail Sealer, Log Saw Core Machines and Wrapper.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure direct communication and instruction and necessary information is communicated to team working in all areas of the Converting Operation as required per work station within department, including Maintenance Support.
Ex. Converting/ Core Maker/Log Saw/Wrapper/ Packers and Loaders etc.
1. Responsible for leading department of 9 employees providing great communication skills for instruction/direction to team and maintaining production output within the Hygiene department as per set production goals.
2. Must be able to maintain Employee Records of Attendance/ Time / Vacation and Absence.
3. Must be able to assist in maintaining development and production goals as per specified products.
4. Must ensure proper staff availability for daily production.
(Converting)-Lead Operator on Converting side, Operator Assist-Core Maker & Material Handler- Parent Rolls etc.) (Wrapper)-Operator, (3) Packers, (3) Loaders (If applicable)
Material Handler-Palletizing & Box Maker
5. Must be able to Set-Up Operate all Machines in Hygiene Department as well as training others to set-up and operate machines
6. Must be able to coordinate machine/equipment PM, repairs and needed adjustments for operation & daily production with Production Manager and Maintenance Support.
7. Must be able to perform inspections of machine and moving parts and make minor adjustments as needed.
8. Must be able to load parent rolls into the machine by use of forklift
(If Material Handler is not available)
9. Must be able to physically work through the machine safely for startup of operations or re-threading as well as make minimal adjustments as needed.
10. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
11. Must possess basic math and reading skills
12. Must be able to provide written detailed documentation of product specification reporting
13 .Meet the daily team goals based upon information provided by production manager
14. Ensures all products meet the STLB quality standards through visual checks and report any concerns to QC personnel.
15.Ensures Clean and Safe area and environment.
16.Participates in training meetings as needed for safety, quality, or other needs
17. Make adjustments required to fix fault codes and
18. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Must have strong leadership skills, great communication skills and ability to lead a TEAM and accomplish production goals set.
2. Bilingual preferred but not required.
3. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
4. Must be able to make necessary adjustments to machines as per trained areas and assist in any of the start-up of production process
5. Must be able to plan and schedule production run per review of production and shipping schedule reports as well as make needed change in production run per customer demands, change in recipes as per customer requirements and ability to assist in maintenance of a steady production flow.
6. Must be able to use Manual/Electric Pallet Jack and a Forklift
7. Perform other duties as assigned
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.