Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Performs general retail sales support and customer service duties. Receive products shipped by vendor/distributor, and delivers merchandise to customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greets and assists customers in product selection
2. Processes and completes sales transaction for customer.
3. Stocks merchandise including unpacking, labeling, stocking , etc.
4. Performs light cleaning duties (sweeping, dusting, etc.) required to
maintain clean racks, counters and customer service area
5. Assists with inventory control including inventory counts, etc.
6. Receive and in-checking merchandise shipped from
7. Counts and verify quantities against shipping documents and
identify discrepancies and work with vendors to resolve discrepancy
8. Process receiving documents into the Point of Sale System
9. Verify status of all open orders; process and fill customer order
10.Assemble office furniture and deliver customer purchased
merchandise as required
11.Other duties as assigned by supervisor
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
2. Have a basic understanding of retail sales, computer skills and assemble office furniture
3. Be able to learn or be familiar with military/government organizations and acronyms
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
6. Current state driver’s license and proof of insurability
7. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Normal retail store and warehouse environment.
Must be able to move/lift a pallet of copy paper