Organization: Louisiana Association for the Blind
Job Title: Manager, Community Development
Department: Community Services
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Report to: Vice President, Community Services
1. Develop and implement fundraising activities that result in a sustainable fund development program for Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.).
2. Develop, implement and manage public relations to raise awareness of the mission and programs of the organization, to include a Community Services volunteer program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Manage external funding initiatives that will result in a sustainable donation program to include grant writing, special events, planned giving, major gifts and other appeals.
b. Maintain donor management software and data.
c. Event and related volunteer management.
2. Public Relations
a. Manage community relationships that will contribute to the overall visibility, credibility, and growth of the organization.
b. Serve as a liaison to the community, region, and state to improve and enhance internal and external relations to increase support for L.A.B.
c. Work in tandem with the Community Services division to design, manage and implement agency volunteer program.
d. Manage social media presence related to L.A.B.’s multiple and diverse business, services, and fundraising sectors.
3. Other duties as assigned
1. Strong oral and written communications skills, including proven abilities in case statement development and proposal writing.
2. Ability to establish and implement a cohesive community outreach plan, monitor performance, and report results in an effective manner.
3. Strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
5. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred, but not required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications, or related. Four (4) years of fundraising experience can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum two (2) years of experience with demonstrated track record in fundraising.
3. Ability to work with people who are blind and/or disabled.
4. If sighted, a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of current auto insurance.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. L.A.B. does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. L.A.B. is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Apply via L.A.B.’s website: https://lablind.com/employment.php