Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Perform a variety of warehousing and labor tasks including movement and storage of materials, loading and unloading material (containers, pallets, etc.), basic repair and reuse of containers, issuing supplies, inventory control, executing container orders, etc. Operates vehicle component Material Handling Equipment (MHE), as required (pallet jack, forklifts, etc.).
1. Must be able to pass criteria for military base access
2. Three (3) years of warehouse and inventory control experience preferred
3. Good communication and organizational skills
4. Use pallet jacks and hand trucks
5. Lift up to 75 lbs.
6. Must be able to work with tools (scraper, wrench, socket, etc.)
7. Must be to stand long periods of time (8 – 10 hours/day)
8. Must be able to tolerate non-climate controlled hot and cold work environment
9.Current state driver’s license and proof of insurability
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.