Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Responsible for selling office supplies, furniture, and additional products to new and existing customers throughout federal and commercial markets as well as annual sales and customer growth goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meets or exceeds annual sales goals for office products, furniture and additional products within the federal assigned marketplace. Annual appraisals will be based on sales volume and customer growth.
• Drives new and old business on and off the base to the base store or web
• Identifies and fulfills the needs of the customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Develops sales strategies to leverage the unique characteristics of the regional federal and commercial market to our advantage.
• Presents trainings and professional presentations in person and virtually for small to large groups.
• Have strong communication skills to confidently and competently conduct professional presentations, online/internet training sessions, and one on one sales calls.
• Completes weekly activity reports, monthly sales reports and required through CRM database system.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Supervisor Responsibilities: No
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• 4-5 years of previous sales experience
• Trained in professional selling techniques that are based on customer needs, analysis and the fulfillment of customer needs.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the AbilityOne Program is extremely helpful, as well as experience with Military, Federal Government, and State Use organizations.
• Strong computer skills are required to assist with presentations, sales planning, and online internet training, and reporting through CRM.
• Portraying a professional image is a must.
• Current state driver’s license and proof of insurability
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee.
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to stand in a trade show environment for several hours at a time
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter.
• Travel up to 25%