Lions Volunteer Blind Industries/Opportunity East
758 West Morris Boulevard
Morristown, TN 37813
Opportunity East's mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities through comprehensive training and support so that they can become integrated and productive within their communities.
Trevor Southerland, Director of Rehabilitation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 423 586 3922 ext.54
Louis Galbreath, O&M, email@example.com, 423 586 3998 ext.35
Lois Morie, Lead Technical Trainer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 423 586 3922 ext.53
Michele Love, Employment, Michele.Love@Volblind.org
- Evaluates for pre-vocational, independent living, orientation and mobility, and basic computer skills.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides pre-vocational evaluation, work adjustment, job readiness training, placement services. Provides entry-level training for the Tennessee Business Enterprise Program (www.tnvend.com).
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in home/personal management, communication, travel, and other adaptive skills.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Professional Training
- Provides training for individuals with employment goals in the areas of telephone customer service, answering service, reservations, sales and related fields.