501 North Douglas Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-3124
(405) 232 4644
Since 1949, NewView Oklahoma has empowered blind and vision impaired individuals to achieve their maximum level of personal independence through employment, rehabilitation, and outreach.
NewView Oklahoma is a qualified 501(c)(3) private non-profit organization currently providing employment for over 100 people who are blind and generates 98 percent of its income through its own enterprise by:
Supplying contracted goods and services to government organizations and local businesses.
Manufacturing and wholesaling a diverse line of products for commercial and residential use.
Performing specialized services to major companies and organizations.
Lauren Branch, President/CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Holden, Senior VP of Rehabilitation Services, email@example.com
- Employment/Job Training
- NewView offers vocational evaluation, job retraining, job placement within the agency, and training in occupational skills.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- NewView provides consultation to other agencies for some employment services.
- Low Vision Services
- NewViewâ€™s comprehensive Low Vision Clinics offer assessments, routine care and low vision solutions and devices to people with impaired vision that cannot be corrected with glasses, surgery or medication. The NewView Oklahoma Low Vision Clinic serves the general public by providing individualized solutions for people who are experiencing vision loss.
- Community Outreach Programs
- NewView Oklahoma proudly offers an artistic outlet to blind and visually impaired individuals through Creative Visions art classes for adults. NewView sponsors a blind and visually-impaired dragon boating team that competes in several boat festivals throughout the year in Oklahoma City on the Oklahoma River.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Our vision rehabilitation services include expert Braille instruction in reading and creating a variety of communications for education, lifestyle management, business, and entertainment. We are able to help businessesâ€™ and communitiesâ€™ public spaces more accessible for the blind and visually impaired.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Computer assisted technology is offered to help clients learn how to use and utilize computers through accessibility software. The software that we teach ranges from magnification programs to screen readers to graphic-to-text scanning software. Our lessons can be adapted for clients who are computer-saavy and simply need to learn the software to clients who arenâ€™t familiar with computers.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Orientation and mobility training works to give a client the skills to move safely and confidently around the home, neighborhood, work environment, and beyond. Our orientation and mobility specialist will assess the goals set, whether that is going out to get the mail, walking with a cane, or navigating a public space so that the client can become oriented with surroundings and move with assurance.
- Support Groups
- As with any major life transition, support and welcoming understanding is always needed, and NewView Oklahoma proudly offers a veteranâ€™s support group, Veteransâ€™ Independence Through Adaptive Living (VITAL), and hosts Eyes Just Talking. These support groups for the blind and visually impaired in Oklahoma, provide a forum for sharing your experience, ideas, exchange of feelings and swapping of practical information among blind or visually-impaired members and their families or friends.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Our occupational therapy service is designed to assist clients in maximizing their remaining vision. Our low vision occupational therapists can identify the best techniques and equipment to improve a clientâ€™s level of independence. Occupational therapy provides assessment and training specific to daily needs and activities.