Addie McBryde Rehabilitation Center for the Blind
2550 Peachtree Street
Jackson, MS 39296-5314
(601) 364 2700
Dorothy Young, Director, Vocational Rehabilitation for the Blind
- Offers comprehensive social and psychological evaluations and personal and group counseling.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational evaluations and information and training in job-seeking skills, business enterprise programs, clerical work, and data entry.
- Recreation Services
- Offers training and activities for independent participation in community programs, physical conditioning and has an after-hours recreation specialist on staff.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in home and personal management, braille, handwriting, typing, word processing, and leisure education. Offers services to those 55 and above including Independent Living Program for Older Blind.
- Provides low vision assessments, vocational evaluations, and assistive technology evaluations.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers extensive outreach program to support outside entities.
- Professional Training
- Provides orientation to blindness training on a frequent basis.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Offers general medical and ophthalmological evaluations and visual acuity, glaucoma, and basic health screenings on routine basis.