Blind & Visually Impaired Center of Monterey County Inc
225 Laurel Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
(831) 649 3505
The mission of the Blind and Visually Impaired Center of Monterey County is to encourage and inspire people who are blind or visually impaired to transcend the loss of sight as independent, contributing members of society.
- Recreation Services
- Offers lunch and ceramics class on Tuesdays.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides home-based instruction in daily living skills.
- Evaluates present needs and skill levels of clients.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides demonstration and training in the use of some assistive devices, such as video magnification systems, reading machines, computer software for screen magnification and screen reading.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other information sources and services.
- Low Vision Services
- Devices available for demo, loan and sale. The Low Vision Service Coordinator provides training in the use of low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Provides in-service talks to train personnel who work with blind and visually impaired people. typically these are professionals working with seniors, such as those in senior living communities.
- Assistive Products
- Optical aids such as pocket, handheld and stand magnifiers, loupes, binoculars, monoculars, and bioptics are available through the Low Vision Clinic.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Support Groups
- Holds a low vision support group the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Occasionally, cancelled. Please call to confirm time and date.