120 Holcomb Street
Hartford, CT 06112
(860) 242 2274
Operates satellite programs throughout the state. Classrooms are located in public school buildings with opportunity for integration with non-disabled peers throughout the school day.
Oak Hill program participants are empowered to achieve self-sufficiency. Oak Hill continues its commitment to people whose primary disability is blindness through the development of independent housing opportunities, community supports, and the vocational center.
Barry Simon, President and Chief Executive Officer, barry.simon@OakHillCT.org
Ana Wittig, Chief Administrator and Vice President of Education, email@example.com, 860 224 6841
- Does social casework and offers social and rehabilitation guidance.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides supported employment in community.
- Professional Training
- Offers initial and ongoing training for all direct care staff, professionals, and paraprofessionals coordinated by full-time staff development specialist.
- Recreation Services
- Offers age-appropriate activities utilizing community facilities, summer camp on shores of Long Island Sound, and greenhouse program for elderly people. Provides overall plans of service (OPs) for each adult.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training with emphasis on daily living skills, personal management, behavior management, and leisure time activities.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides assistance in the use of assistive technology.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Directories, menus, newsletters, brochures and catalogues.
- Offers occupational, physical, and speech therapies and medical, dental, 24-hour nursing services, and numerous consultants.