Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs
1 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 727 7750
We promote the independence and well-being of elders and people needing medical and social supportive services by providing advocacy, leadership, and management expertise to maintain a continuum of services responsive to the needs of our constituents, their families, and caregivers.
- Conducts assessments on a case-by-case basis to determine individual needs.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral to community-based resources for the elderly. Provides referrals to Area Agencies on Aging and information on other local aging services.
- In-Home Services
- Provides home support, adaptive housing, home health, and meal services and other services.
- Support Groups
- The Massachusetts Family Caregiver Support Program empowers elders and caregivers by providing information, education, support, and services that enhance quality of life.
- Employment/Job Training
- The Senior Community Service Employment Program, funded under Title V of the Older Americans Act through the U.S. Department of Labor, enables us to help employ low-income individuals, age 55 and older, throughout the Commonwealth. Enrollees are placed in temporary training assignments where they gain valuable on-the-job work experience and training needed to gain employment in the private sector.