Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults
141 Middle Neck Road
Sands Point, NY 11050
Refer to our website www.hknc.org
Joseph Bruno, President and Chief Executive Officer
Sue Ruzenski, Executive Director
- Qualified mental health professional on staff to assist consumers.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational training.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship programs in various departments of residential facility, training seminars at headquarters and nationally through a national training team.
- Recreation Services
- Offers recreation activities such as swimming, field trips, shopping in local community, social events for students in residence.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers comprehensive rehabilitation services for people who are deaf-blind, including independent living skills, orientation and mobility, vocational rehabilitation, braille training, and through the Communication Learning Center.
- Comprehensive assessment and diagnostic evaluation provided.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance regarding deaf-blindness to schools and agencies. Assists in developing local services for deaf-blind persons via regional offices.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information about deaf-blindness, refers to appropriate resources both within agency and externally.
- Library Services
- Provides some library services, including braille, large print, talking books and other alternate formats, for people who are deaf-blind.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille literacy program.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Available through national and regional offices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.