Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults: Southwest Region Office
9939 Hibert Street, #108
San Diego, CA 92131
(858) 578 1600
The Southwest Regional Office offers a Support Service Provider (SSP) program that serves adults (over the age of 18) who have a dual sensory vision and hearing loss and live in San Diego County.
Cathy Kirscher, Regional Representative, Southwest Region, firstname.lastname@example.org, 858 578 1600
- Determines individual service needs of clients who are deaf-blind through informal assessments.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance regarding deaf-blindness to schools and agencies. Assists in developing local services for deaf-blind persons.
- Information and Referral
- Provides public information about deaf-blindness and refers to community resources. Provides follow-along support. May refer to Sands Point, NY facility for comprehensive rehabilitation. Maintains information for National Registry.
- Professional Training
- Offers professional development and in-service training, including training on becoming a Support Service Provider (SSP).
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Refers to community rehabilitative resources relevant to deaf-blindness. May also refer to Sands Point, NY facility for comprehensive rehabilitation services for deaf-blind persons.