Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Rehabilitation Services: Bureau of Blind Services & Business Enterprise Program for the Blind
Bureau of Customer Support and Services
100 South Grand Avenue East
Springfield, IL 62762
(217) 785 3887
Derrick Phillips, Superintendent, Derrick.Phillips@illinois.gov, 312 633 3532
Nancy Schultz, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, Nancy.Schultz@illinois.gov, 312 633 3547
Barbara Wichner, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, Barbara.Wichner@illinois.gov, 312 633 3520
Nicole Argue, Rehabilitation Counselor, Nicole.Argue@Illinois.gov, 708 709 3333
James Baske, Rehabilitation Counselor, James.Baske@Illinois.gov, 309 686 6000
Rhonda Erickson, Rehabilitation Counselor, Rhonda.Erickson@Illinois.gov, 309 786 6468
Kathy Dyson, Rehabilitation Counselor, Kathy.Dyson@Illinois.gov, 217 245 9585
Mark Lewis, Business Counselor, email@example.com, 312 633 1757
Charles Young, Business Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312 633 3520
Cindy Colon, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, email@example.com, 312 633 3525
Latisha Houston, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312 633 1724
Bernard Jenkins, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, email@example.com, 708 709 3331
Debra Scott, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630 495 0500 ext.245
Josh Dugan, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, email@example.com, 217 782 4830
Elaine Pultman, Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 618 258 9996 ext.447
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in skills of daily living. Offers programs for individuals age 55 or older needing training in self-care, household management and care, and adjusting/adapting to visual loss so they may continue to live independently within their own homes and communities. Provides other necessary services in whole or in part (depending upon similar benefits and other resources) by the department.
- Determines current needs and skill levels of clients.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers technical assistance to other agencies and professionals who work with blind or visually impaired persons.
- Offers counseling, referrals, support to visually impaired individuals and family members.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers career and skill counseling, prevocational evaluation, career preparation training, vocational placement. Has programs available for individuals with severe visual impairments who are seeking to regain, retain or gain employment in the competitive labor market.
- Information and Referral
- Provides general information about blindness and visual impairment, and referrals to sources of other information.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers workshops, in-service meetings.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility instruction in a community-based or residential setting.