658 Valley Street
Lewistown, PA 17044
(717) 242 1444
NuVisions Center assists people with visual impairments remain independent persons in their communities, educates the community on vision loss and its prevention with programs for all ages, helps people who have no other means to obtain eyeglasses and eye exams, conducts vision screenings for preschoolers and adults. The Association employs persons with disabilities in several programs.
NuVisions Center assists participants in learning new ways to accomplish old tasks so they can function independently in their homes. Our caseworkers go to the home and help them adjust within their own environment - it is customer driven plan of services. We work with their families to ensure that the loss of vision does not cause loss of family position. Referrals are made to local agencies to provide additional support and services as needed. We have a monthly Life Skills group that gives low vision clients an opportunity to meet others in similar life situations and learn tips from each other. In addition, speakers present information about new procedures and reasearch in the vision field and new low vision aids that are available. The Center provides "door to door" transportation for our customers to medical appointments - our drivers pick up folks at their door and escort them into the medical office and then home again.
Willa Adams, President/CEO, email@example.com, 717 242 1444 ext.11
- Offers counseling, information and referral services, individual life skills instruction to persons with low vision. Offers family peer counseling.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Provide individual and group life skills instruction. Provide door-to-door transortation service to medical appointments and Center sponsored activities.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers programs to the community on a wide variety of topics concerning vision to promote public education on eye safety and blindness prevention. Conducts vision screenings for senior adults and public and employer health fairs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills, use of adaptive aids (low level), and socialization skills.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Newsletters, medical information, requested items of interest.
- Transportation Services
- Offers transportation and escort services for medical appointments, and the Center's activities for seniors.
- Provides eye evaluation authorizations to local doctors, purchase of frames or lenses for qualified applicants.
- Support Groups
- Offers support groups for low vision persons with diabetes and for other low vision groups as desired by customer base.