Kansas Department for Children and Families: Services for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
555 S. Kansas, 3rd Floor
Topeka, KS 66603
Charlene Johnson, OIB Program manager, Charlene.Johnson@ks.gov, (785) 296-8600
- Employment/Job Training
- Business Enterprise Program (BEM) offers employment opportunities such as managing food service operations and operating vending stands and snack bars. Funds matched by federal funding.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in independent living skills, orientation and mobility, technological services. Provides community or in-home training (communications, orientation and mobility, daily living skills) for visually impaired persons 55 and older through its Kansas Seniors Achieving Independent Living (KAN-SAIL) program.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Mobile teams offer specific services throughout state.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.