Maryland State Department of Education: Division of Rehabilitation Services, Office for Blindness and Vision Services
2301 Argonne Drive
Baltimore, MD 21218-1696
(410) 554 9277
The Office for Blindness and Vision Services (OBVS) oversees programs and services for individuals whose primary disability is vision loss.
OBVS includes rehabilitation counselors, rehabilitation technologists, case managers and rehabilitation teachers with specialized training in issues of importance to people who are blind, visually impaired or deaf-blind. They assist people in designing and carrying out plans for employment or independent living.
OBVS also administers the Maryland Business Enterprise Program for the Blind, which prepares individuals to operate successful vending and food service operations in public facilities.
Toni March, Director, Office for Blindness and Vision Services, email@example.com, 410 554 9219
Suzanne Page, Assistant State Superintendent, Suzanne.Page@maryland.gov, 410 554 9385
Tandra Hunter-Payne, Program Manager - ILOB, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410 554 9107
- Assesses clients to determine eligibility for the program.
- Offers counseling to determine rehabilitation goals, directed toward a job or independent living needs.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides job skills training, placement, and ongoing support services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides readers and training in assistive technologies. Runs a Community Living Skills Training Program. Administers Grant for Older Blind.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.