Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary: Vision Rehabilitation Center
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114
(617) 573 4177
- Assists patients and their families to overcome the grief and stress associated with the loss of function, and to help them adjust to their vision changes.
- Information and Referral
- Coordinates referrals with state and community agencies and identifies financial resources.
- Professional Training
- Trains ophthalmology and physical medicine and rehabilitation residents, occupational therapists, nurses and professionals from around the world.
- Assistive Products
- Sells prescription eyeglasses and magnifiers, special lamps and writing guides, telescopes, large print playing cards, talking watches, and automatic needle threaders, and a partial line of video magnifiers.
- Low Vision Services
- Evaluates, fits, trains, and dispenses assistive devices where patients can successfully learn to use their remaining vision.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers comprehensive vision rehabilitation care, including reading rehabilitation, activities of daily living, safety, participation, well-being, including adjustment to vision loss.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.