Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
3535 NW 58th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 951 3400
Teresa McDermott, Visual Services Field Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 580 310 5318
Tracy Brigham, Visual Services Administrator, email@example.com, 405 951 3469
Renee Sansom, OKDRS Transition Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405 951 3488
Michael Spencer, Oklahoma Business Enterprise Program Operations Coordinator, email@example.com, 405 523 5800
Melinda Freundt, OKDRS Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405 951 3547
- Provides assessment of independent living skills to develop individualized plans of instruction in activities of daily living, vocational evaluation, and low vision evaluation through contracted vendors.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation services to organizations and service providers on vocational and independent living issues.
- Offers rehabilitation counseling through certified rehabilitation counselors. Refers to local resources where appropriate.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides career and skill counseling, vocational placement, vending facility training. Contracts for other employment-related services. Maintains job line. Post-secondary education may be provided to consumers as part of an approved individualized plan for employment.
- Information and Referral
- Provides general information about blindness and visual impairment and referrals to other resources.
- Library Services
- Maintains a library for blind and physically handicapped.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Reading Services
- Daily Oklahoma, Tulsa World, USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/field work placement in rehabilitation counseling, vocational rehabilitation, rehabilitation teaching, orientation and mobility training and holds workshops for interpreters for deaf-blind.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in skills of daily living, home and personal management, communication, travel, and various adaptive skills. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Textbooks, nonfiction.