Southern Illinois University: Disability Support Services
Woody Hall B150
Carbondale, IL 62901-4705
(618) 453 5738
Sandy Samples, Services Coordinator
Kathleen Plesko, Director, kplesko@SIU.edu
- Assesses students with visual impairment at intake for special needs.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to outside agencies assisting blind or visually impaired persons.
- Offers support services for blind or visually impaired university students.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Works with newly blind students to orient them regarding locations of classrooms and other facilities.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational materials as required by Southern Illinois University for its blind or visually impaired students. On-demand services of various content and types available to the general public.