St. Joseph's School for the Blind
761 Summit Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07307
(201) 876 5432
St. Joseph's School for the Blind is committed to the educational, psychological, social and physical development of persons with special needs in an environment of caring, acceptance and respect for each individual's rights and dignity.
The Center provides life span comprehensive services to people with blindness, visual impairments and/or multiple disabilities. The Center is a NJ Department of Education Approved Private School for the Disabled and is licensed by the Department of Developmental Disabilities.
David Feinhals, Executive Director
Anthony Lentine, Principal, 201 876 5432 ext.102
- Professional Training
- Offers ongoing professional in-service development activities and internship/fieldwork placement in special education, social work, speech and language therapy.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides assistance to school districts and others serving persons with blindness or visual impairment.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to community resources for services not provided by agency.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- The Realizing Adult Potential (RAP)program is dedicated to enriching the lives of adults with special needs by providing self directed day programs that support the acquisition and practice of life skills in a safe and encouraging environment. The RAP program provides training opportunities that address: Personal Care, Social Skills, Self Awareness/Self Esteem, Meal Preparation, Personal Finances, Vocational Training, Interpersonal Social Skills, Personal Fitness & Health, Home Management and Consumer Skills.
The Concordia campus is ADA accessible and includes a residential center with a fully equipped kitchen and home living spaces. Meeting rooms, technology center, gym, indoor therapy pool,outdoor recreation area, and opportunities to develop vocational skills are all available within one comprehensive program. The Concordia campus is centrally located near mass transit, a thriving business area and a community recreational center.