Missouri Council of the Blind
5453 Chippewa St.
St. Louis, MO 63109
(314) 832 7172
MCB has 20 affiliate branches providing support to visually impaired Missourians. MCB's programs include Special Services, Health Benefits, Adaptive Technology, Scholarships, Summer Camp, Legislative Training and Youth Services.
Christopher Gray, Executive Director, Chris@moblind.org, 314 832 7172 ext.25
Virginia Drapkin, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com, 314 832 7172 ext.21
- Conducts complete optometric and ophthalmologic evaluation, low vision assessment, head trauma assessment, and special needs assessment.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- We offer assistive devices as indicated.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to New York City Board of Education, CBVH, and other rehabilitation professionals and low vision specialists.
- Staff social workers available.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to community resources.
- Library Services
- Maintains vision science library for professionals and patients desiring access to holdings relevant to vision and eye conditions. Assistance available for visually impaired persons.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices. Provides low vision services for older adults with disabilities.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts vision screenings and lectures in the community and offers education programs.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training by independent contractors or by referral to appropriate agencies.
- Assistive Products
- Distributes optical devices, low vision devices. Products for sale on site.
- Performs eye health evaluation and management of all eye conditions.