U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: American Lake Blind Rehabilitation Center
VA Puget Sound Health Care System
9600 Veterans Drive, SW
Building 5 (A-112-BRC)
Tacoma, WA 98493
(253) 583 1299
Idella Whitfield-Stith, Nurse Manager, 253 583 1299
Page Howard, Social Worker, 253 583 1299
Kim Richardson, VIST Coordinator, Kim.Richardson@VA.gov
- Blind rehabilitation assessment provided.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in computers and assistive technology devices.
- Offers group and individual counseling.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Blind Rehabilitation Outreach Service.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers full program of blind rehabilitation including orientation and mobility, activities of daily living, low vision training, manual skills. Serves referral applicants from VA centers and clinics in service area. Provides rehabilitation services for elderly veterans.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Offers general medical and related services such as eye evaluations, medical treatments as related to blind rehabilitation.