Vermont Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired
HC 2 South, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2040
888 405 5005
Fred Jones, Director, email@example.com, 802 241 0328
Mackenzie Breen, Springfield Regional Office, Mackenzie.Breen@vermont.gov, 802 356 1526
Melissa Hoellerich, Rutland District Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802 786 5891
James Allen, Assistive Technology Trainer, email@example.com, 802 241 0528
- Offers individual, group, family/parent and couples counseling; placement in school, referral to community services. Contracts for and provides consultation to other agencies for other counseling/social work services.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers pre-vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, job development, vocational placement, follow-up service, vending stand training. Contracts for other employment-related services.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in rehabilitation counseling, vocational rehabilitation.
- Recreation Services
- Offers recreational services for seniors.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Contracts and refers for rehabilitation services. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Assesses rehabilitation needs of elderly blind/visually impaired.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to external entities working with blind and visually impaired.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides and supplies low vision devices. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to Area Agencies on Aging and information on other local aging services.
- Contracts and refers for health services.