Virginia Division for the Aging
1610 Forest Avenue
Richmond, VA 23229
(804) 662 9333
The Virginia Department for the Aging fosters the independence and well-being of older Virginians and supports their caregivers through leadership, advocacy and oversight of state and community programs, and guides the Commonwealth in preparing for an aging population.The Department funds a network of 25 local Area Agencies on Aging which provide direct services to eligible older Virginians and their families.
Marcia DuBois, Director, Division for the Aging, Marcia.email@example.com
- Administers Uniform Assessment Instrument (UAI) to assess clients for all aging services.
- Provides information and referral regarding Virginia's long-term care service system. Also provides insurance counseling for persons 60 and older on Medicare, long-term care insurance, and Medicaid.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides 55 and older, eligible individuals with community service work experience for 20 hours per week in preparation for unsubsidized employment.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers outreach services to the community.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to Area Agencies on Aging and information on other local aging services. Provides resource information and assistance to older persons and their caregivers.