Visually Impaired Center
1422 W. Court Street
Flint, MI 48503
(810) 235 2544
The Visually Impaired Center is committed to developing resources and collaborative programs, as well as providing services that enable independent life for people with vision loss.
Sharon Reigle, Executive Director
Leanne Ford, Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 810 235 2544
Kate Bugbee, Fund Development Marketing Manager, email@example.com, 810 235 2544
- Offers assessment and referral needed for services including peer support group, rehabilitation teaching, orientation and mobility, computer instruction.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille classes, Grade I and II.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides training in job retention, job retraining, computer instruction. Refers for other employment-oriented services.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships, field placements for social work (BA and MSW), and orientation and mobility.
- Recreation Services
- Refers for recreational services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- VIC provides training in personal management, braille, handwriting, home management, and orientation and mobility skills. VIC also offers instruction in diabetes self-management including insulin measurement, blood glucose monitoring and cooking classes. Computer classes are also available.
- Provides social work assessment.
- Offers an extensive diabetes self-management program for blind and visually impaired persons with diabetes.