Washington State Department of Services for the Blind
4565 7th Avenue SE
Lacey, WA 98504-0933
(206) 906 5510
The Washington State Department of Services for the Blind (DSB) "provides one front door" to services for all residents of Washington state who are blind or have low vision. It has offices in Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, and Yakima. It also provides a range of services for employers interested in accommodating or hiring workers with vision loss.
Julie Brannon, Orientation and Training Center Manager, email@example.com
Michael MacKillop, Acting Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational counseling. assists participants as they explore career possibilities, plan their career future, and gain the necessary alternative skills of blindness, academic training, and specific job skills.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitation services.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides Assistive Technology assessments and training.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers technical assistance services for a fee.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to other agencies and services specific to client needs.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides literacy instruction.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Includes an outreach program.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers Orientation and Mobility training.