Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
397 Azalea Avenue
Richmond, VA 23227-3600
(804) 371 3140
Judy Jackson, Director, Rehabilitation Teaching/Independent Living, email@example.com, 804 371 3112
Richard Mitchell, Deputy Commissioner of Services, Rick.Mitchell@dbvi.virginia.gov, 804 371 3140
Liang Liao, Roanoke Regional Manager, Liang.Liao@dbvi.virginia.gov, 540 561 7442
Tim Brown, Fairfax Regional Manager, Timothy.Brown@dbvi.virginia.gov, 703 359 1100
Pam Hinterlong, Director, Workforce Development Program, Pam.Hinterlong@dbvi.virginia.gov, 804 371 3140
Megan Hall, Director, Low Vision Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 804 371 3344
Caren Phipps, Director, Educational Services, email@example.com, 804 371 3140
Julie Chappell, Staunton Regional Manager, Julie.Chappell@dbvi.virginia.govgov, 540 332 7729
Kathy Malone, Bristol Regional Manager, Kathy.Malone@dbvi.virginia.gov, 276 642 7300
Kim Jennings, Richmond Regional Manager, Kim.Jennings@dbvi.virginia.gov, 804 371 3353
Xavier Trimiew, Business Enterprises, Xavier.Trimiew@dbvi.virginia.gov
- Provides evaluation services.
- Provides vocational and adjustment to blindness counseling, parent counseling, social evaluation, individual and group counseling.
- Employment/Job Training
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program provides individualized vocational guidance and counseling, job placement and follow-up services, supported employment services for eligible individuals who are blind, visually impaired and deafblind.
- Information and Referral
- Has intake and referral in each regional office. Refers to programs of the agency and/or to other community resources.
- Library Services
- Maintains a free library service to all eligible print-handicapped Virginians.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides outreach services.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides infants and children, their families, their teachers with technical assistance for evaluation, program planning, curriculum modification, transition programs, adaptive equipment.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living, communication and home management skills, and in the use of assistive technology and devices, and other specialized services. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older using the Federal Older Blind Grant Program.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.