Low Vision Center of Mission Hospitals
240 Sardis Road
Asheville, NC 28806
(828) 213 4370
Provides comprehensive low vision services including evaluation, prescription and training with low vision devices, occupational therapy, peer counseling, support groups, and training in daily living skills using adaptive techniques and equipment. Also provides information and referral for other services not provided.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers advice, assistance and consultative support to other agencies and people who work with visually impaired people.
- Information and Referral
- Refers for low vision and other visual services to the patientsâ€™ home states.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers some training with adaptive equipment, such as use of signature guides, high marking appliance dials. Provides training in daily living skills (basic) and use of adaptive devices and appliances.
- Assistive Products
- Sells visual and non-optical aids of all types (must be seen for evaluation for optical equipment to be dispensed). Products for sale on site.
- Support Groups
- Sponsors monthly support group in downtown Asheville and can provide information about other area support groups.