Christian Association for Rehabilitation and Education Ministries, Inc.
321 University Drive
Starkville, MS 39759
(662) 323 4999
CARE Ministries is an interdenominational Christian ministry. The majority of those served are over age 55. The major services to this group include a library of audio Christian books including Bible studies, inspirational books, stories of great Christians and devotionals, information and referral services, assistance in finding both spiritual and secular resources in the local community, prayer support and some adjustment counseling.
B.J. LeJeune, Executive Director, National Service Center, 662 323 4999
Martin Jensen, Publications Coordinator, West Coast Recording Unit, 209 745 4615
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Helps provide facility and program assessments and makes accessibility recommendations to churches, missions, and state prisons. Provides accessible materials.
- Helps set up local vision support groups, provides ongoing materials and assistance to peer group leaders, and helps connect people with national and community resources to assist with social services needs. Provides rehabilitation counseling, career counseling, adjustment counseling, and Biblical counseling services. Maintains a directory of national and local resources for long-term counseling needs. Assists individuals in locating local church affiliations.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides distance based rehabilitation teaching and counseling services. Referral to local agencies when appropriate.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Christian living, Bible studies, biographies of great Christians, devotional and inspirational books and a limited number of children's books.