Visually Impaired Persons of Charlotte County
4055 Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte, FL 32952
(941) 625 8501
The VIP is a resource and education center offering programs and services to the visually impaired of Charlotte County, Florida and surrounding community.
Shirley Gilmore, Director
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers a fourteen-week independent living course to people who are visually impaired.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of adaptive software allows the user to see the screen and hear the commands under Windows operating system.
- Support Groups
- Holds weekly peer support group meetings for people who are visually impaired and their families.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides outreach programs Speakers and video presentations to various organizations.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers instruction in the use of the latest low vision devices.
- Professional and support staff are available to help with the loss of vision.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M training.