British Columbia Blind Sports and Recreation Association
#330-5055 Joyce Street
Vancouver, BC V5R 6B2
(604) 325 8638
The BC Blind Sports and Recreation Association is a not for profit association of individuals who are blind, visually impaired, deaf-blind, or are blind and have additional disabilities; and their families and other supporters.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Trains volunteers to act as sighted activity guides and provides athletes who are blind, visually impaired, deaf blind, or are blind/visually impaired and have additional disabilities as mentors for children.
Offers professional, individualized, physical activity and physical education consultations.
- Provides education and advocacy advice on the importance of physical activity in a healthy lifestyle.
- Information and Referral
- Conducts, reviews, and responds to current research on participation in physical activity.
- Recreation Services
- Offers activity introduction programs throughout BC for all age and skill levels.
Offers opportunities through physical activity to meet other children and youth who are blind, visually impaired, deaf-blind, or are blind/visually impaired and have additional disabilities.