Blind Rehabilitation Service: Battle Creek VA Medical Center
Visual Impairment Services Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic
5500 Armstrong Road
Bldg. 3, Room 100
Battle Creek, MI 49037
(269) 966 5600 ext: 35195
Michael Vandeveer, OD, MPA, FAAO, Service Chief
- Low Vision Services
- Offers individualized training with optical and non-optical aids that help in overcoming many difficulties related to vision loss.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- ProvideS instruction with adaptive software and techniques in order to enhance efficient computer use. Available computer assisted devices will be explored to maintain or improve the functional capabilities of Veterans with visual disabilities.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- A certified therapist will teach travel safety and work with assistive technology to enhance independent travel in all environments.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides the skills and adaptations necessary to maintain independence and manage daily living needs. Instruction can include adaptive kitchen skills, medication management, personal and home management, adaptive communication skills, and leisure activities.