Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults: Mid-Atlantic Region Office
144 Middle Neck Road
Sands Point, NY 11050
(516) 570 3246
Cecelia Norman, Regional Rrepresentative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides informal assessment to determine individual service needs of clients who are deaf-blind.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Refers to community rehabilitative resources relevant to deaf-blindness. May also refer to Sands Point, NY facility for comprehensive rehabilitation services for deaf-blind persons.
- Information and Referral
- Provides public information about deaf-blindness and refers to community resources. Provides follow-along support. May refer to Sands Point, NY facility for comprehensive rehabilitation. Maintains information for National Registry.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance regarding deaf-blindness to schools and agencies. Assists in developing local services for deaf-blind persons.
- Professional Training
- Offers professional development and in-service training.