Catholic Charities Services for Visually Impaired Persons
147 Schleigel Boulevard
Amityville New York 1 11701
(631) 789 5215
Catholic Charities also provides food, housing, mental health, disabilities, chemical dependency, geriatric, disaster response, and HIV/AIDS services.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Sends intake person to speak at service centers about program in an effort to reach the elderly who are blind or legally blind.
- Offers individual, group, family/parent, couple counseling and referral to community services and other counseling/social work services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management and home management skills, remedial education, and sensory training in client's home and community. Refers for other rehabilitation services.
- Health Services
- Refers for health services.
- Information and Referral
- Referral resources available to individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
- Recreation Services
- Offers specialization program for the blind and visually impaired.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.