Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston Louisiana 1 71270
(318) 251 2891
The Louisiana Center for the Blind provides residential orientation and adjustment training to legally blind adults. Students remain in training generally from six to nine months depending upon individual needs.
The full training curriculum includes braille, cane travel, keyboarding/computer literacy, home management, industrial arts, independent living skills, job development and college placement, and GED/remedial education (if needed). All classes emphasize the development of self-confidence and a positive attitude toward blindness.
Pamela Allen, Director, email@example.com
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- NFB Training Center.
- Programs are designed to foster a positive philosophy about blindness
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers 6-9 month training program for adults in cane travel, braille, keyboarding/computer literacy, adaptive technology, independent living skills, orientation and mobility, industrial arts, and job readiness/college readiness skills. Coordinates statewide workshops for older blind individuals.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers assistance in job placement following services and training.
- Professional Training
- Provides occasional on-the-job training.
- Recreation Services
- Provides voluntary participation in a health/recreational facility for clients.
- Services for Seniors