Pennsylvania Association for the Blind
555 Gettysburg Pike
Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 1 17055
(717) 766 2020
The Pennsylvania Association for the Blind (PAB), through its network of 29 member agencies, provides innovative services for people of all ages who have a wide range of vision impairments from low vision to total blindness.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Accepts any form of literature, document or business material for Braille Embossing. Please call PAB for a free price quote. All documents, and materials must be in MS Word/Office Format.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts vision screening on location at schools, community. Has eye health and safety programs. Deploys field staff, as needed, to reach into rural counties of low population density.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Sight Loss Support Groups; individual counseling
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides home services and individualized instruction in daily living skills, home and health management, and communications skills
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides employment, training, education and social/supportive services.
- In-Home Services
- Offers family/caregiver services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to aging programs.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.
- Reading Services
- Offers radio reading programs.
- Recreation Services
- Provides educational and recreational programs.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Offers social and recreational activities.
- Transportation Services
- Provides escorted transportation to medical facilities, banks, grocery stores and social agencies.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.