Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind dba Lighthouse for the Blind & Low Vision
1106 West Platt Street
Tampa Florida 1 33606
(813) 251 2407
Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind provides comprehensive rehabilitation programs for persons who are blind or visually impaired in two locations in Florida. On-site services are provided in Tampa and in Winter Haven for persons residing in Hillsborough, Polk, and surrounding counties. Training is designed to help individuals who have recently lost part or all of their vision to gain the skills needed to perform daily living tasks.
Sheryl Brown, President and CEO, email@example.com, 813 251 2407 ext.15
- Assistive Products
- Distributes various adaptive aids and devices. Products for sale on site and online.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of personal computer in the home. Training includes navigating the Internet to pay bills, order medications, etc. Vocational computer training teaches operating systems, database software, screen magnification, speech output, video magnifier/CCTV, and word processing. Provides rehabilitation engineering services and scripting.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation in rehabilitation technology and job analysis to other agencies.
- Offers social evaluations, counseling (individual, group, family/parent, couple), placement in training, referral to community services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, handwriting, communication skills, kitchen skills, typing, use of video magnifiers, home management, sensory training. Offers center-based and community-based instruction.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, on-the-job training program, vocational placement, supported employment, rehabilitation technology
- Information and Referral
- Provides referral to other agencies and services.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes low vision devices.
- Recreation Services
- The Lighthouse Social Club provides a monthly opportunity for former and current Lighthouse clients to socialize with friends and enjoy social outings.
- Services for Seniors
- Helps individuals learn skills and acquire knowledge to enable them to live independently, safely, and confidently.
- Services for Students
- Transition program helps blind or visually impaired teens and young adults (14-22) transition into adulthood and employment.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.