World Services for the Blind
2811 Fair Park Boulevard
Little Rock Arkansas 1 72204
(501) 664 7100
The World Services for the Blind is accredited by NAC (The National Accreditation Council for Agencies Serving People with Blindness or Visual Impairment).
Sharon Giovinazzo, CEO, email@example.com
Melanie Jones, Director of Marketing & Communications , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides counseling and referral services, psychological testing, and psychiatric evaluation.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- The foundation of a healthy personal adjustment to blindness is comprehensive training and counseling provided on an individualized basis. Drawing from the comprehensive array of life skills services offered at WSB, a personalized training schedule is designed to ensure each person achieves a well-rounded and healthy personal adjustment to visual disability. Our philosophy maintains that effective and total rehabilitation can only be achieved in the therapeutic, multi-disciplinary environment of a comprehensive residential rehabilitation center. Comprehensive Life Skills Services - Techniques of Daily Living - Assistive Technology - Basic Communication / Adult Education - Braille - Low Vision - Keyboarding - Orientation & Mobility - IT Fundamentals - Small Business Training
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational evaluation, job readiness, vocational training in 11 areas, job development and placement and follow-up services. -- Assistive Technology -- Assistive Technology Instructor -- Call Center Specialist -- Credit Counseling -- Desktop Support Technician I -- Desktop Support Technician II -- Microsoft Office Specialist -- Certified Administrative Assistant -- Voice Over at Work (VOW) -- College Prep -- Transitional Aged Youth -- Student Transitional Youth Learning Experience (STYLE)
- General medical assessment and monitoring of health issues, and medical referrals. Refers for diagnosis and evaluation of eye condition. Also refers for audiological services and occupational, physical, and speech therapy.
- Health Services
- Refers for diagnosis and evaluation of eye condition. Prescribes lenses and low vision devices. Provides audiological services and occupational, physical, and speech therapy.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up, as well as training in utilization of low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships and supervised field placements for rehabilitation counseling, orientation and mobility, rehabilitation teaching, and social work students.
- Recreation Services
- Provides leisure time activities.
- Services for Seniors