Independent Living Skills for Children with Multiple Disabilities
Learning independent living skills can be a challenge for many children who have multiple disabilities including a visual impairment. Your child’s educational team will have important information and suggestions for how you can work together on specific goals, but this area should help you support your child in learning
- how to eat independently;
- how to handle toilet training;
- self-care skills, such as bathing and dressing;
- orientation and mobility skills and the use of alternative mobility devices, including the use of strollers and wheelchairs; and
- transportation options for nondrivers.